|The Placer County Local Child Care and Development Planning Council (LPC) was established in 1991 in accordance with state law AB 2141 to provide a forum for the identification of local priorities for child care; and to develop policies to meet the needs identified within these priorities. |
The Council is comprised of 20 members who represent consumers of child care, child care providers, public agencies and community members. Members are appointed by the County Board of Supervisors and the Placer County Superintendent of Schools. The California Department of Education provides funding for the work of the Council, which includes the following:
- Conduct Local Needs Assessment: identify and plan for child care and development services based on the needs of families in Placer County.
- Advocate for the needs of families in the County with respect to early care and education.
- Promote public participation in the planning process.
- Support the existing child care infrastructure by coordinating services that are locally available. Foster partnerships designed to meet local child care needs.
- Serve as a forum to address the child care needs of all families in the community and all child care programs.
- Advise the Board of Supervisors and Board of Education with respect to the early care and education needs of families in Placer County
The Placer County Child Care Council meets on the third Thursday of January, March, May, September and November from 3:00 pm-4:30 pm at the Placer County Office of Education Nobili Room, located at 365 Nevada Street, Auburn.
For additional information regarding the Placer County Child Care Council or if you are interested in applying for a seat on the Council please contact Darcy Roenspie, Program Administrator at: 916.740.1641 or email@example.com.
2017-2018 Council Meetings Dates:
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Thursday, November, 16, 2017
Thursday, January, 18, 2018
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Thursday, May 17, 2018