CRANE is Career Technical Education
The Capital Region Academies for the Next Economy (CRANE) is a consortium of 22 school districts and county offices of education in the Sacramento Region. Dedicated staff at the Placer County Office of Education (PCOE) work in concert with staff at the Sacramento County Office of Education (SCOE) to provide students in Placer County and the surrounding communities in the Capital Region with rigorous academic and career pathways, which are linked to economic and labor market needs and trends, thus helping students become the leading entrepreneurial workforce for the next economy.
CRANE Focuses on Five Goals
- Develop sector pathways with school districts that will serve high skill, high wage, and high growth careers.
- Integrate rigorous academics into career and technical curriculum.
- Align and articulate high school and college curriculum.
- Develop a regional system of work-based learning activities.
- Create personalized support to ensure student success.
Current information about CRANE initiatives may be viewed at the consortium's webpage, CRANEPathways.org