Prevention Supports and Services
Prevention Services helps schools and districts develop systems of support for children and families and transform school environments and cultures to eliminate barriers to success. We support staff, students and parents through services that address the mental wellness of children and adults and the school culture and climate to improve the academic success for all students. The Prevention Services department leads initiatives and provides training and technical support at the local, regional and state level.
This goal is accomplished through working in collaboration with Professional Development, Career and Technical Education, Alternative Education and Special Education. Families and Community Partners are key to our collaboration for student success.
Services We Provide:
- Technical assistance, coaching and professional development in Multi-tiered System and Supports
- Training, coaching, technical support and capacity building for the implementation of Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS)
- Development of system-wide frameworks for positive school climate promoting wellbeing, safety and academic success
- Programs promoting mental wellness in our schools and community for students & families
- Improve student attendance through a multi-agency collaborative support model
- Direct services and guidance to districts for support to Placer’s most at risk populations
- Foster Youth
- Homeless Youth
- Vulnerable/At Risk Youth