New student enrollment process:
- Enrollment for the current school year (2018-19) is open and applications will continue to be accepted through March 8, 2019. Please note that submitting an online application is not a guarantee for enrollment. You must complete all of the steps below (Steps 1 -5).
2019-20 Open Enrollment Period:
- Open enrollment is from Monday, January 7, 2019 through Friday, March 8, 2019. Please do not attempt to apply for the 2019-20 school year until after 7:30am on January 7, 2019. Please ensure that you have met with, or have scheduled an appointment with our Principal prior to submitting your online application.
- Applications will continue to be accepted
after March 8, 2019 and continue through the following school year.
- Applications recevied after March 8, 2019 will not be eligible for any lottery drawings in impacted classes.
- 100% complete applications will be accepted and placed on any standing waiting lists according to the date that it is received.
Our open enrollment guidelines can be found here:
- Do you have a current student who plans on returning next year? See the Intent to Return section below.
1) Call our office at (530) 886-5800 to schedule an informational meeting with our Principal who will provide an overview of the program options and discuss the unique needs of your child. Print out your application for enrollment ahead of time before your appointment.
For 2019-20 new applicants: Please do not attempt apply for the 2019-20 school year until after 7:30am on January 7, 2019.
Please note: submitting an online application does
not guarantee enrollment. Your application will remain in
pending status until you meet with our Principal and include all of the following supporting documents:
3) Turn in the following documents with your submitted online application to the school office:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (e.g. current utility bill, rental agreement or purchase agreement, water bill, etc.)
4) If it is decided that this school is the appropriate educational choice for you and your child, your online enrollment application, including all supporting documentation (see #3) will be accepted. Once enrollment is accepted, 1 of 2 things will happen depending on your program choice:
a) Hybrid Academy: we will discuss a start date for your student to begin classes
b) 100% Independent Study: a certificated teacher will be assigned and will contact you within 48 hours.
5) Eligibility requirements:
- The student must be in Kindergarten - 8th Grade
- The student must reside in Placer County or an adjacent county
- Minimum requirements:
- 15 hours of educational activity for Kindergarten
- 20 hours of educational activity for 1st - 8th grade
Intent to Return (100% Independent Study & Hybrid Academy):
Families must complete the 'Intent to Return' process for their student(s) each year during the open enrollment period (this year: January 7, 2019 through March 8, 2019) to secure their spot in the Hybrid Academy or with their 100% Independent Study teacher. This is completed online through the Aeries Parent Portal.
To view the entire guidelines and FAQ's, click here: Intent to Return - Open Enrollment.pdf
For complete instructions on how to re-enroll online, click here: Re-enrollment instructions.pdf
If you do not have access to a computer, please contact the school office at