​Frequently Asked Questions

​Employment | Benefits | Other

How do I find out about current job opportunities with the Placer County Office of Education (PCOE)?

​PCOE utilizes EdJoin (Education Job Opportunities Information Network) to post our job openings. Some positions are also advertised in local newspapers and publications.

​How do I apply for a position with PCOE?

​Applications are only accepted for positions that are currently open for recruitment. Applications must be completed online through EdJoin. Each position has specific requirements for applying and these will be listed on EdJoin or on a vacancy notice. All of the required documents listed must be submitted with an application or it will be considered incomplete. Completed application packets must be received in the Human Resources department no later than 5:00 p.m. on the deadline date listed on the vacancy notice. Late applications will not be considered.

​What is the difference between a certificated and a classified position?

​Certificated positions require that the person have a credential from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing www.ctc.ca.gov. Classified positions do not require that a person have a credential but may have other licensing or educational requirements.

​Can I submit a resume in lieu of filling out an employment application?

​Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application. Required application materials will be specified on the vacancy notice or EdJoin posting.

​I have applied for a position with PCOE in the past. Do I need to resubmit a new application packet when I apply for another position?

​Yes. A new application packet must be submitted for each position that is applied for.

​Where can I view PCOE job descriptions?

​Job descriptions can be found on EdJoin. Click on any PCOE job posting and under “Additional Information” click on “View Other Job Descriptions.”

If a specific question has not been addressed, please contact Susan Wiederhold at swiederhold@placercoe.k12.ca.us.